EO Regions! Platform
A New Era for Earth Observation
EO Regions! is a platform that brings together all geospatial key players such as Users, Earth Observation service providers, research centers and public services. Led by SPACEBEL, in collaboration with the University of Liège the Royal Military School NRB and I-Mage, EO Regions! is innovative in more than one way.
EO Regions! is a platform that brings together geospatial data and services to Users, Earth Observation service providers, research centers and public services.
Led by SPACEBEL, in collaboration with the University of Liège, the Royal Military School, NRB and I-Mage, EO Regions! is innovative in more than one way.
EO Regions! allows the automatic ingestion and processing of Sentinel 1 and Sentinel 2 data every week to all parts of the world, in addition to common geodata, such as the national Geoportal data and in-situ data.
EO Regions! combined with our Geospatial Exploitation Platform (GEP) allow:
- the automatic ingestion of Sentinel 1 and 2 images,
- the processing of Sentinel images with specific algorithms developed by SPACABEL for mapping changes in the forest and agriculture
- the automatic delivery of outputs in formats than can be easily integrated into platforms developed by collaborators to manage forest or agriculture.
Automatic integration of products has been developed for platforms such as the Forest Management Information Systems developed by TIMBTRACK and WUUDIS (two private companies based in Belgium and Finland) and he Farming Management Information Systems developed by MANOBI (based in West Africa).
EO Regions! provides dynamic monitoring and detection, with a maximum temporal resolution of about one week, of changes in forests and agricultural land.
It offers an online marketplace dedicated to sharing and marketing Earth observation services and meets the expectations of stakeholders (public authorities, companies, citizens).
Thanks to the digital infrastructure, EO Regions! offers the following assets:
- Dynamic territory monitoring services for companies, public authorities and citizens
- Online business markets
- Opportunity to commercialize new and innovative services that are economically attractive to SMEs
- A simple and efficient system to valorise R&D results
The European Commission has awarded EO Regions! the Copernicus Relay label for Belgium in order to promote the Copernicus programme and support users of Copernicus data.
Contact us for more information: